Responds to the trail, not you.
The all-new Super Deluxe ThruShaft is a true all-rounder and the ideal complement for the next generation of uncompromising all-mountain enduro bikes. With a new low-speed compression adjuster, the Super Deluxe ThruShaft can eliminate rider input, such as pedal stroke, without compromising high-speed compression on rugged trails. Revised low-speed compression adjustment offers three options to help you find the perfect setting for your intended use.
Fits Trek Rail Bikes 2021
Features of the RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate ThruShaft RCT Shock – RS-SDLX-THRU-C1
- Exclusive ThruShaft shock design responds to changing terrain faster than many other shocks.
- Versatility is paramount when you want to ride anywhere. Find the perfect setting for any track with the three settings of the revised low-speed compression damping.
- Improved heat management, for extra long descents Separate oil circuits that work independently without affecting each other
- Easy rebound adjustment with numerical clicks to eliminate the need to count.
- Optimal shock design for ideal frame integration and easy accessibility
- Available as Trunnion ThruShaft with Trek specific 230×57.5mm – 230×62.5mm and 230×57.5mm asymmetrical
Three options, one perfect setting
1. zero setting (factory setting)
The perfect setting based on hundreds of hours of feedback from test riders. With an optimal amount of low-speed compression, the Zero setting provides efficiency and control on the trail. It’s the right setting for your everyday trail riding.
2. minus setting
It allows the shock to compress more freely so the suspension can do its job when you need every millimeter of travel on steep terrain. Use this setting on wild downhill trails.
3. plus setting
If speed and versatility are your primary concerns, the Plus setting will raise the shock for better overall drive efficiency. Use this setting for fast runs on trails with switchbacks and jumplines.
ThruShaft: better response, higher efficiency
ThruShaft’s innovative design responds faster to changes in terrain than any other shock on the market, providing a consistent connection between rider, bike and trail. On the trail, this translates into more speed and more control. You can literally feel the shock doing its job underneath you.
Instead of a separate IFP chamber for compressed air, ThruShaft is based on a fixed oil column, a single shock piston and a shaft that exits the bottom of the shock on compression. This design provides a constant volume of oil in the shock, eliminating the need for a floating piston and the complexity and lag that comes with it. This simplified design does away with the harsh and delayed response many riders describe when their shock can’t keep up with changes in the terrain. Sometimes simpler is just better.
1x RockShox Super Deluxe Thru Shaft RCT Shock