Super Deluxe. What else to say?
RockShox’s Super Deluxe model has redefined the bar for rear shocks and is ready to raise it once again. Designed for today’s extreme performance Enduro and Trail bikes, the Super Deluxe Ultimate shock features a precision-adjustable air spring and adjustable compression and rebound damping to help you handle any conditions. Reduced friction is the key to better handling characteristics. Accordingly, decreased friction and better glide characteristics are provided by Maxima Plush fluid and a revised bushing design with a larger overlap.
Technical details of the RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT rear shock
- suspension / air chamber: Debon Air
- adjustability:suspension (per air pressure via Schrader valve)rebound damping (external)compression damping in 2 positions (Open/Firm)
- tune:rebound: lowcompression: midvolume reducer: 3 tokens
- dimension: 230 x 62.5 mm (metric)
- lockout force: 320
- material: aluminium 7075, hard anodized (shaft, body)
- body colour: Fast Black
Debon Air Suspension
It is ok to ride a soft suspension. However, Debon Air shocks hardly give in even when pedaling lightly. This technology makes the current Rockshox shocks more plush than ever before. This may seem like a weakness at first glance, but you’ll feel the benefits on the trail. The DebonAir shock flattens out any bumps, creating a seamless connection between the bike and the ground.
- Linear Spring Rate. Less effort required to get the shock moving on the first 1/3 of travel.
- More grip and control. No hard initial bumps and better traction. The rear wheel is always in contact with the ground and the rear end responds to fine impacts.
The Counter Measure spring reduces the shock’s initial resistance to virtually zero, turning small bumps into traction-boosting power. Solid Threshold adjustability to optimize pedaling performance, compression adjustability to fine-tune handling on any trail in any condition, and the proven performance of the revolutionary RockShox Super Deluxe shock in a package ready to take on any challenge.
If you don’t set your damping properly, you might as well be riding someone else’s bike. But why waste plastic clips or rulers adjusting your suspension over and over again? Convenient damping markers are printed directly on the suspension fork stanchions and shock body for easy and accurate setup of the perfect suspension. So you can just hand your plastic clip and ruler back to your mom.
Metric sizing allows frame and chassis manufacturers to greatly simplify the sizing and installation of rear shocks. This is accompanied by performance advantages in terms of suspension and frame construction. In addition, the associated mounting hardware offers new possibilities in the adjustment of the shock.